We have lots of winners to announce from our birthday bash. First though, I want to take one more opportunity to thank our very generous sponsors: Amber Quill Press, Samhain Publishing, Dreamspinner Press, and Silver Publishing.
A few of the winners were announced earlier in the week, but here are the rest:
Signed paperback copy of Finding Zach, by Rowan Speedwell, is Gyn.
There are two Amber winners, Damond and Jayhjay. You’ll each receive an ebook of your choice from Amber Quill.
The winner of the 5 ebooks from Silver Publishing is Molly.
We had a drawing which I said was for a swag pack from Silver, but then I got confused and gave the swag pac away in the chat, so I’m giving this winner a coupon good for 20% off your entire purchase from Silver. That goes to Andi Byassee.
Now, for the scavenger hunts. Each winner here will receive a $50 gift certificate from Dreamspinner Press. For Scavenger Hunt #1, the answers were:
1. Which porn star was Marie obsessed with when CoP started? (Her interest has since waned.) Aden Jaric
- Which Tarot deck has Heidi been lusting after for years? (Except that Marie bought it for her for Christmas this year.) Abyssal Tarot
- What is Heidi’s whiskey of choice? Jameson
- What is her cigarette of choice? Dunhill
- What is Marie’s Bad Writer Day movie? Orange County
- What has been (and remains) one of the top searches that lead people to this blog (and doesn’t contain our blog name)? For this one, we’d accept two: Nice Ass or Pegging
- What’s the name of the blog to follow when Marie and Heidi travel together? Heidi and Marie’s Excellent Manlove Adventure (HaMEMA)
- What was the very first giveaway? Who won? A Sean Cody Subscription. Ethan Stone.
- Who is Heidi’s favorite androgynous male? Andrej Pejic
- What Thursday Thing post led to a distributor sending Heidi free samples? Panda Licorice With Herbs
Only five of you had the right answers. I put you into a randomizer, and the winner is Lisa Herring!
For Scavenger Hunt #2, the answers were:
1. Who knows about making tea in a longboat? Josephine Myles 2. Who has a thing for Russian prison tattoos? Ariel Tachna
3. Which guest author took the last can of Who Hash? KA Mitchell
4. Which guest author lives a not-so-secret life in the SCA? Rowan Speedwell
5. Which of our guests writes m/m demon porn under a pen name, and under her real name? Jane Kindred/Betty Blue
6. Which guest author wrote about tequila worms that were something so much worse? L.A. Witt
7. Which guest author is a huge fan of Queen? Wendi Zwaduk/Megan Slayer
8. Which guest shared #soldierporn? Rhiannon Etzweiler
9. Which of our guest authors moonlights as a tea aficionado? Lynn Flewelling
10. Which of our guest authors had a rather embarrassing moment involving being caught shirtless by her boyfriend’s mother? KC Burn
There were twelve of you who had them all right. The winner (chosen by the randomizer) is Anastasia!
Now, for our Grand Prize. First of all, we want to say, this was a really, really hard decisions. You guys gave us some really great entries. If any of you haven’t read them, we encourage you to do so. They’re fabulous. You can find them here.
Our two runners up will each receive a $10 gift certificate from Samhain. Those winners are Tam, for her haiku, and Arella for her animated gif. The grand prize winner, who will receive her choice of a Kindle Touch or Nook Simple Touch, courtesy of Silver Publishing, is Trix! This is the winning post:
What makes this lovely boy a twink?
I guess I’ll have to stop and think.
He sure ain’t soft (make no mistake)
He’s not a slab of yellow cake.
He does look nice out of his wrapping
With that sweet ass so good for tapping.
I stare and wish with all my might
That I were there to take a bite.
I’d love to have him for myself
Can’t find him on my grocery shelf.
I gawk and gasp, as I keep wishin’
No closer to the definition.
I know at last! A point of pride
They’ll both…ahem…have cream inside.
All of our winners will be contacted via email about claiming your prizes. We hope you all enjoyed our birthday bash! Thanks so much for being here and making this site as fun as it is.