For details on our daily themes and what exactly you can/should/might write about, please see below:
We have one rule: No hot-button issues! We are not interested in stirring up controversy. Politics, religion, book piracy, global warming are all OUT. Also, we are quite aware of the little angry fires that flare up in our genre. We want absolutely NO PART of any of them. We want this blog to be fun and welcoming. We’d rather you write about your cat puking on your keyboard than about whatever has people’s panties in knots. If we feel your post is going to draw fire, we will kindly ask you to send us something else.
Regarding picture content: You can get the full story here. The short version is, CoP makes every effort to be 100% in compliance with copyright laws. That means any images in your post need to be something you have the legal rights too (stock photos, cover images, promotional shots, family snapshots etc.). We cannot use anything downloaded randomly from Google, Tumblr, Facebook, etc.
Now that we have that out of the way, please read on:
For our regular Wednesday/Friday author feature spot:
The theme for Wednesday is Whine and Wine. For these posts, just about anything goes, as long as it meets the above criteria. For some past W&W posts check here:
On Friday, we do a giveaway. Most authors do an ebook, but this is NOT required. It could be swag. It could be an excerpt or a free short story. Frankly, it can be anything at all. We’re not picky. Just send us the info. We’ll put up the post, choose a winner (using a random selection program) and inform both them and you of the winner. Easy peasy.
We LOVE to have guests the other days of the week as well, although if you’re an author, we do ask that these posts be a bit more than a blatant promotion (although we don’t mind a bit of promotion along with your post). Doing a giveaway with these posts is absolutely optional.
Anything that isn’t a hot-button issue. Seriously. Anything. Check out some examples:
For authors, some great examples are these:
Links to places on the web we like. Check out examples here:
If you host your own blog or site that ties in with porn, wine, coffee, books, movies… well, anything, really, we’d love to feature you. In those cases, blatant promotion is the name of the game.
Things we like. Like Oprah’s Favorite Things, except we can’t put anything under your chair. Examples can be found here:
For some great examples of authors doing promotion that’s not “blatant” promotion, check out these:
If you have ANY questions about this, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all posts, please:
- Send it at least 48 hours before your scheduled slot. Send it to email@example.com. There’s NOTHING wrong with being early. A month or two in advance is not a problem. In fact, if you’re very early, we might get you in sooner if someone else forgets/is late.
- Send it as an .rtf or .doc. Please do NOT send it as a .docx, because WordPress hates them.
- Please don’t embed your images in your file, because WordPress won’t let me upload them that way. Send images as separate attachments.
- Be sure to include any links, cover art, bio, etc you’d like included.
- We’ll send you a friendly reminder 1-2 weeks prior to your scheduled date.
- Our hard-working Wranglers do a lot of work for zero pay. Authors, please consider donating an ebook to them. This is absolutely NOT required, but would be greatly appreciated.
For ALL posts, please have the post to us at least 48 hours in advance. I hate to be the bad guy, but frankly, we’re tired of receiving posts less than two hours before they’re scheduled to go live. If your post is not received 48 hours in advance, we will release your spot to somebody else (or we’ll just fill it with random pictures of men and/or wine).
You can send the posts to firstname.lastname@example.org.